Football Game Day Info
Aztec Football will play its 2021 home games at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, CA while construction continues on the new, state-of-the-art Snapdragon Stadium, set to open in 2022. Below is important Aztec Football Game Day Info for the 2021 home season.
Stadium Information and Policies
Gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff for all home Aztec Football games.
Parking passes can be purchased in advance for the Grey lots on the map below. Day of game parking passes can be purchased upon arrival for the Red lots on the map below.
Tailgating is an important part of the game day experience for you the fan. Dignity Health Sports Park is committed to creating a fan friendly environment that is safe for all fans and guests to enjoy. You as fans play an important role in helping to preserve tailgating as that type of experience.
- Public intoxication is prohibited and will addressed by security and/or law enforcement. If you witness behavior that is inappropriate in nature, please call Dignity Health Sports Park Security at 310-630-2044 or dial 911 for an immediate response by law enforcement.
- Security and law enforcement will consistently patrol the parking lots and will assist in ensuring that all guests comply with established tailgating guidelines.
- RV’s and oversized vehicles will not be allowed in the tailgate areas.
- Tailgating is only allowed inside of lots 10, 11, 12, 13, 15 and 16 at Dignity Health Sports Park. Tailgating is permitted starting four (4) hours before the start of the game. No tailgating is allowed on the property of California State University Dominguez Hills.
- There are no “in and out” privileges as it pertains to parking.
- Overnight parking is not allowed
- Saving of parking spaces is prohibited
- Roadways, aisles and Emergency Lanes must be kept clear at all times.
- Tailgating at your vehicle should not interfere with the normal flow of traffic.
- Fire pits are not allowed
- Charcoal grills are permitted in tailgate areas. Please dispose of charcoal properly in on-site Hot Coal bins.
- Please clean up your tailgating area before entering the game. Trash receptacles are provided throughout the parking lots.
- Playing games that involve the consumption of alcohol or use of alcohol-related paraphernalia is prohibited.
- Use of controlled substances and underage drinking are against the law and will be enforced.
- Tailgating after kick-off is prohibited.
- Excessively loud amplified music and music with inappropriate language is prohibited.
- Failure to comply with these policies and/or city, state or federal laws may result in loss of tailgating privileges as well as citation or arrest.
Join us for the ultimate pregame celebration in Aztec Village located outside the gates behind the north endzone at Dignity Health Sports Park. Aztec Village will open 2.5 hours prior to kick off and is free for all fans. There will be food and beverages available for purchase, a live DJ, Kid Zone and more! See you there!
DHSP is a cashless stadium. Fans can order concessions through the LA Galaxy App and have them ready for pick-up at designated concession stands. DHSP has also installed reverse ATMs to facilitate onsite cashless transactions.
Clear Bag Policy
To continue improving safety measures for all fans, Dignity Health Sports Park has implemented a policy that will limit the size and type of bags permitted to enter the stadium. This new policy, which will enhance stadium safety and expedite entry to the stadium, will apply to all events hosted at any of the Dignity Health Sports Park venues. Dignity Health Sports Park and Aztec Football advise fans not to bring bags of any kind to the stadium for events. Bags that adhere to the below standards will be permitted to enter Dignity Health Sports Park:
- Bags that are clear plastic or clear vinyl and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a 4.5" x 6.5", with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bags
- *Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
- Include but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.
ADA Accessibility Information
- We provide easy access for guests with disabilities. These areas include gates, restrooms, suites, ticket windows, drinking fountains, concession counters and seating areas.
- Complimentary wheelchairs escorts are available for Dignity Health Sports Park guests who require assistance. Request for wheelchair escorts can be placed with a Guest Service Representative at any entrance gate. Wheelchairs are based on availability and are not available for use throughout the event.
- Service animals that are trained or in training are allowed to enter during events.
- A guest whose service animal poses a threat to the safety of other guests and employees may be asked to escort the animal off the premises.
- Guests who need to escort a service animal to an animal relief area are allowed re-entry to the facility. All such guests are to notify the Guest Services Manager prior to exiting the facility so that their ticket can be stamped or initialed.
- Dignity Health Sports Park has partnered with Vitac to provide convenient and easy access to all in-stadium announcements made on the Public Address System. Real time captioning is available anywhere, anytime throughout the stadium on your browser based mobile phone. Please visit Guest Services at the SE corner of the main concourse for more information or to rent a handheld device.
In accordance with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) order (effective August 19, 2021), all individuals ages two and older, regardless of vaccination status, are now required to wear a mask or an appropriate face covering at all times at Dignity Health Sports Park, except when actively eating or drinking in their ticketed seat or when seated at a table. As defined by the LACDPH order, actively eating or drinking is the limited time during which the mask can be removed briefly to eat or drink, after which it must be immediately put back on.
Transportation and Lodging
Local Hotel & Airport Info
To help you plan your trip, we have listed a few local area hotels and airports below. Please note that the hotels listed are in no way affiliated with San Diego State or Dignity Health Sports Park, and are listed for our guests' convenience only. For more information, click HERE.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Carson
2 Civic Plaza Drive
Carson, California 90745
Phone: (310) 830-9200
3635 Fashion Way
Torrance, California 90503
Phone: (310) 316-3636
Sonesta Select Los Angeles Torrance / South Bay
1925 West 190th Street
Torrance, California 90504
Phone: (310) 532-1722
Los Angeles Internat'l Airport
1 World Way
Los Angeles, California 90045
Phone: (310) 646-5252
Long Beach Airport
4100 Donald Douglas Drive
Long Beach, California 90808
Phone: (562) 570-2600
John Wayne Airport
18601 Airport Way
Santa Ana, California 92707
Phone: (949) 252-5200
Round trip bus transportation is now available for fans to purchase for SDSU home football games in Carson, CA for $50 each person. Buses will leave from SDSU and drop off at Dignity Health Sports Park for the game, and back to SDSU. You will receive an email with instructions for pick-up/drop off info at a later time. Passes will be located in your SDSU account manager to scan upon entering the bus.
- Buses will depart from Lot 2 on SDSU's campus.
- Fan check-in for buses will begin four (4) hours prior to game kickoff.
- Fans who intend to leave their vehicles on campus should park in PS 3 and should ensure they have a campus parking permit or day pass. Click HERE for instructions on purchasing a visitor parking pass via the SDSU Parking Portal.
- Masks will be required while on the buses.
- Food and beverages of any kind are not permitted on the buses.
- Following Dignity Health Sports Park's bag policy, only clear bags and small clutch bags are permitted in the stadium and therefore should be the only bags brought on the buses.
Fan bus passes can be ordered online HERE.
SDSU student buses are also available and more information can be found in the Student Tickets section below.
San Diego State student tickets for Football are mobile and can be accessed at GoAztecs.com/StudentMobileTix, starting on Monday at 9 am the week prior to game week for each home game.
Currently enrolled students receive FREE admission to each regular-season home game.
To access your student tickets, simply visit GoAztecs.com/StudentMobileTix on your iPhone or Android device, and log in with your official SDSU email address for your tickets to be automatically delivered to your phone prior to each home game.
Students are also able to purchase up to two (2) student guest tickets directly from GoAztecs.com/StudentMobileTix.
Student and guest tickets cannot be transferred or sold.
For more information, click HERE.
Round trip bus transportation is also available for SDSU students to/from Dignity Health Sports Park on 2021 Aztec Football home game dates. Students can purchase a round trip bus pass for $5 when claiming their free student tickets on their mobile devices at GoAztecs.com/StudentMobileTix, starting on Monday at 9 am the week prior to game week for each home game. Students are encouraged to order bus passes early as availability may fill up. Guests are not permitted on the student buses. For more information, visit GoAztecs.com/StudentBuses.
Tickets for the 2021 Aztec Football season will be digital and available on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions HERE to access your tickets.